Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

success at low temp!

Options
All the egging I've done so far has been at temps north of 275 or so.  Decided to slow smoke a nice piece of salmon on Saturday and was surprised how easy it was to keep the egg at around 175 dome.  I let it climb to ~200, then added a cold platesetter and a cold slab of salmon, shut the vents almost entirely (just a trickle of air through the bottom and likewise with smoke on the top) and things dropped back down to about 150.  Over the next hour it climbed into the 170-190 range as I opened the egg to check on the salmon occasionally.  Anyway, salmon picked up an awesome smoky flavor and came out great.  Took it to an outdoor symphony concert and served on herbed crackers with cream cheese and capers.  Only a couple of crappy pictures...just to prove it happened.imageimageimage

Comments