Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tonights dinner

So on friday im On call for work.  So basically i cant do anything but sit by the phone and surf the internet.  So after surfing the net and mostly the forum..i have come up with dinner for tonight.  Im excited about it so i had to post this prematurly.

Im going to make Tri Tip Fajita's using DP Fajitaish seasoning.  With it will be green lightning shrimp, Avocado-Yogurt sauce, and home made tortillas.  Ill post pictures as i go tonight.  This will allow me to try out my new grill extender and the Fajitaish seasoning! So excited.

Also tomorrow we leave for Virginia so its a last cook on the egg for about a week and a half.

·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    edited June 2013
    You really should consider cooking a butt to carry with you on vacation, a week is a long time to be away from "egged food"!
    ·
  • Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 453

So on friday im On call for work.  So basically i cant do anything but sit by the phone and surf the internet.  So after surfing the net and mostly the forum..i have come up with dinner for tonight.  Im excited about it so i had to post this prematurly.

Im going to make Tri Tip Fajita's using DP Fajitaish seasoning.  With it will be green lightning shrimp, Avocado-Yogurt sauce, and home made tortillas.  Ill post pictures as i go tonight.  This will allow me to try out my new grill extender and the Fajitaish seasoning! So excited.

Also tomorrow we leave for Virginia so its a last cook on the egg for about a week and a half.

What part of Virginia?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • That sounds like a great cook,  cant wait to see it. 
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,731
    You really should consider cooking a butt to carry with you on vacation, a week is a long time to be away from "egged food"!
    Ive seriously been debating on bringing the Mini green egg..the only issue im running into..is where to cook at.  The hotel were staying in doesnt have any place that i could really cook at..so i would be stuck grilling beside my Subaru.  The only things i could do would be quick maybe 1 hour cooks.  Also im not sure what i would do with a hot mini egg after the cook.
    ·

What part of Virginia?

Lynchburg, VA- My wife attends Liberty U.
    ·
    Bring the pulled pork along in a cooler, hotel rooms have refrigerators and most have microwaves too, if not in the lobby kitchen...  Some nice fresh Chibatta rolls, bring a little hot sauce --you are set to go!!
    ·
    OHHHH You mean left overs. i thought you meant to cook PP :) Whoops.
    ·
    Eggers don't use the word "left overs",  i sounds much better when called "make aheads"..
    ·
    well i dont have any make aheads :P Were leaving tomorrow.  Im a cool kid..living with my In-laws, so freezer space is really tight...so there's never leftovers.
    ·
    er..."make aheads"
    ·
    If you leave it with "the in laws" itll be history before your return!!  Are you taking the Daisy Wheel with you to keep your FIL from messing with your egg?  @-)
    ·

my FIL introduced me to egging, although my FIL only uses his about 1-2x a month.

Last time I cooked Pulled pork was for my wife's b-day.  Cooked 18lbs of pork shoulder for about 25 people.  We had a ton of leftovers..but we just portioned off the meat and gave it to our guests..we didnt have any leftovers ourselves :(  We cant wait till we finish Grad school(both attending) so we can use our deep freezer and have our OWN HOUSE again :)

·
    Here it is.
    Also made an avocado yogurt sauce.
    ·
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 343
    Looks great and have a safe trip.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • EggPowerEggPower Posts: 25
    Looks great!