Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rib night

ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,945
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
So I did some turbo ribs, both beef and pork, tasted pretty good.
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
·

Comments

• jccbone62jccbone62 Posts: 195
    Wow that looks great. I didn't know you could turbo beef ribs too. How did they turned out?
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    They look pretty good too. Nice job Scott.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,945
    @jccbone62 not quite as tender in spots as I would like for them to be, but for a two and a half hour cook after doing yard work, they were pretty tasty. It was also a quick thaw since they were frozen before I cooked them.  My neighbor seemed to enjoy them but I was disappointed.  I also didn't know if there's a membrane on beef ribs, I took the membrane off the pork, but the kids were playing outside and I just threw the beef ones on.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Which one did you think have better flavor?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,610
    I don't do a lot of beef ribs but, yes, I believe there is a membrane on them. I also remember that it cooks up even tougher than the membrane on the pork ribs.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,894
    Nice ribs- they both look great!  I might have some beef ribs for dinner if Publix has them today...

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·