Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Pizza On Baking Steel

So I not only made my first pizza on the baking steel, but I made my first pizza EVER. I got the dough and the sauce from Whole Foods. The lessons learned...Make the pizza a little bit thinner next time. Secondly, I need to put more cornmeal on the pizza peel to let the pizza slide off easier. Thirdly, I should not have used large pineapple chunks. They were very juicy and juice was collecting on the top of the pizza. I need to tryt o get the pie just a little bit higher in the dome. All in all, it turned out pretty good for my first pizza. Even SWMBO ate her entire half. (Hopefully not out of pity.). Btw, the bottom of the crust was absolutely perfect, just like all of the pictures of perfect crusts. The very top of the crust was just a tad doughy hence wanting to make the pizza flatter next time.
image.jpg
4288 x 2848 - 2M
image.jpg
4288 x 2848 - 2M
image.jpg
4288 x 2848 - 3M
image.jpg
4288 x 2848 - 3M
Persistence and determination are omnipotent!

Comments