Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pizza On Baking Steel

Options
So I not only made my first pizza on the baking steel, but I made my first pizza EVER. I got the dough and the sauce from Whole Foods. The lessons learned...Make the pizza a little bit thinner next time. Secondly, I need to put more cornmeal on the pizza peel to let the pizza slide off easier. Thirdly, I should not have used large pineapple chunks. They were very juicy and juice was collecting on the top of the pizza. I need to tryt o get the pie just a little bit higher in the dome. All in all, it turned out pretty good for my first pizza. Even SWMBO ate her entire half. (Hopefully not out of pity.). Btw, the bottom of the crust was absolutely perfect, just like all of the pictures of perfect crusts. The very top of the crust was just a tad doughy hence wanting to make the pizza flatter next time.
Persistence and determination are omnipotent!

Comments