Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Some homemade souvlaki tonight

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352

Pork tenderloin marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, garlic and red bells

photo IMG_0048.jpg

Tzadziki, cucumber, lettuce, red onion, plum tomatoes and parsley

photo IMG_0050.jpg

photo IMG_0052-1.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,892
    Awesome man...looks very light and tasty.  I had to google a couple of new terms ;).  Did you make the cucumber yogurt dip or is it something you can buy?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Those look delicious Steve!  I had a supper meeting and came home an hour ago and you have made hungry for those!  Well done sir! =D>

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    Mungo like souvlaki :-) ...Monitor doesn't taste like souvlaki :-(.  
    Nice cook.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    Awesome man...looks very light and tasty.  I had to google a couple of new terms ;).  Did you make the cucumber yogurt dip or is it something you can buy?

It was Costco. Really good and really rich. I was going to make it for Toronto eggfest and ran out of time. Had six pints left over so trying to use it up

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,982
    =D> Looks fantabulous!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    Iphone pics though

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • McNuttlyMcNuttly Posts: 98
    Iphone pics though

you have the temerity to mock the banana and then blame this pile on the inadequacies of your iphone camera? 

You're a small, small man

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    Very nice! My mouth is watering.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    McNuttly said:
    Iphone pics though

you have the temerity to mock the banana and then blame this pile on the inadequacies of your iphone camera? 

You're a small, small man

In every sense of the word.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • tinee2001tinee2001 Posts: 19
    Looks delicious .... I think you have inspired me for this weekends cook! Anyone ever tried making homemade pita bread on the egg?
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,610
    @tinee2001... I've done some hamburger buns but not pita. It shouldn't be any problem at all though... I'd recommend using a baking stone.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.