Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Some homemade souvlaki tonight

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,885

Pork tenderloin marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, garlic and red bells

photo IMG_0048.jpg

Tzadziki, cucumber, lettuce, red onion, plum tomatoes and parsley

photo IMG_0050.jpg

photo IMG_0052-1.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,878
    Awesome man...looks very light and tasty.  I had to google a couple of new terms ;).  Did you make the cucumber yogurt dip or is it something you can buy?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Those look delicious Steve!  I had a supper meeting and came home an hour ago and you have made hungry for those!  Well done sir! =D>

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,412
    Mungo like souvlaki :-) ...Monitor doesn't taste like souvlaki :-(.  
    Nice cook.
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,885
    Awesome man...looks very light and tasty.  I had to google a couple of new terms ;).  Did you make the cucumber yogurt dip or is it something you can buy?

It was Costco. Really good and really rich. I was going to make it for Toronto eggfest and ran out of time. Had six pints left over so trying to use it up

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,308
    =D> Looks fantabulous!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Iphone pics though

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• McNuttlyMcNuttly Posts: 98
    Iphone pics though

you have the temerity to mock the banana and then blame this pile on the inadequacies of your iphone camera? 

You're a small, small man

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,633
    Very nice! My mouth is watering.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    McNuttly said:
    Iphone pics though

you have the temerity to mock the banana and then blame this pile on the inadequacies of your iphone camera? 

You're a small, small man

In every sense of the word.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• tinee2001tinee2001 Posts: 19
    Looks delicious .... I think you have inspired me for this weekends cook! Anyone ever tried making homemade pita bread on the egg?
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,917
    @tinee2001... I've done some hamburger buns but not pita. It shouldn't be any problem at all though... I'd recommend using a baking stone.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.