Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

had to try

Ok after I saw the green lighting shrimp, I just had to try. Only thing I changed was the cilantro,  I used tarragon. imageimageimageimage

Comments

• How did they taste?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• They were really good. 
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,917
    Looks good Chris; even the naked skewer on the right.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Look good, on my to do list
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • @rholt I did them at 500 raised direct, for about 3 to 4 mins each side. 
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 485
    I'm curious about you not using the Cilantro? Do you not prefer it? Are you one of the special few with whom Cilantro tastes like dish soap?
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
  • @Hibby, dish soap, no to me it tastes like a honey bucket in august lol I cant stand it. I cant eat anything with it in it, unless im being polite. Then I will choke it down.
  • Ok how the honey bucket smells, I dont think I ever tasted one,  well the smell you can taste. 
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 485
    There are a small group of people who have some genetic defect if I recall correctly that causes Cilantro to taste like dish soap. I'm one. I can consume it if it's finely chopped and dilute in something else. To chew on a cilantro leaf is enough to make me lose my lunch - literally. Www.ihatecilantro.com
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
  • I guess I'm one as well. Never knew that. I'm with you its pretty gross.
  • rholtrholt Posts: 377
    Thanks for the tip.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,635
    Great looking shrimp! Those are cool skewers too.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.