Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm WOO-Fused (confused). Which to buy?

Options
Hibby
Hibby Posts: 606
I'm just confused. Not sure what I need, which to buy, which is better, etc. Here's my situation. I have LBGE, Large Plate Setter, Large Stainless Grid, Large CI Grid, the Group Buy Grid extender, and a medium SS Grid on the way. I can't tell which woo is the one to buy. Do I need a spider? I'm one to accessorize the crap out of things needlessly. What are your recommendations?
I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Just call Tom. He will fix you up. And yes, you need a spider.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I have pretty much the same stuff as you except the extender, I am using a homemade raised grid with bolts. I just bought the Woo3 and a wok

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    I've been researching this myself. What else can you do with a spider besides wokking and searing? I'm thinking about a woo and buying the grid and drip pan. Along with a wok. Either way I'm still considering my options, too.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Did a woo today, figured with the extender , u get an option form multi level.
    Seattle, WA
  • horseflesh
    horseflesh Posts: 206
    Options
    I keep going to the site and leaving confused too.
  • BizGreenEgg
    BizGreenEgg Posts: 301
    Options
    I use the spider for holding the stone for indirect (no plate setter) and of course woking (like tonight). I also have a smaller grid from a 14" webber that I put on it for a reverse sear. Gets the grid nice a low to the coals.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW