Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My "McRib" Sandwich

GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,634

Turns out I had 4 ribs leftover from Saturday night

Plus a bunch of rib trimmmings from cutting them down to St.Louis style. I smoked these along side the ribs. ONce I got the meat off the ribs and the trimmings, I had a whole plate of meat.

What to do? Warm it up with a bit of sauce and make a "McRib" sandwich out of it.

So much better than McDonalds and at least I knew what was in it. :)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,953
    Pickles are to me as bell peppers are to you.  Take them out, and I'll do a swan dive into that sandwich !  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,786
    Beautiful!  You got the pickles, onions, and the sweet and sassy sauce!  I think that's how the commercial went in the late 80's. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,634

@Village_Idiot I would have happily made you one without pickles. :)

@SmokeyPitt I don't remember the commercials, but I trust you. WOnder if they are on YouTube. Everything else is.

Rowlett, Texas

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,786
    This isn't the exact one I was looking for but it's close ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Great blog post...

Always enjoy your stuff :)
  • fiver29fiver29 Posts: 628
    That's awesome!
    I will try that next time I make some ribs. Just found your blog, too. You've been busy! How long have you been cooking on the egg? And I really like your blog, btw. It's bookmarked!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,625
    edited June 2013
    Griff yours is soooo much better but you are not across the street. What can I say, I like the damn things. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,953
    Mickey "cooked" them at Salado, but somebody found the McDonald's box in the trash.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,911
    Never had a McRib from the golden arch. I will take one of your though, Griffin..
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs said:
    Never had a McRib from the golden arch. I will take one of your though, Griffin..
    Wish I could say the same!!
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,634

@SmokeyPitt - I wish those video links would work on my stupid work computer. Stupid city needs to update our stupid software.

Thanks @hapster

Thanks @fiver29, they were pretty tasty. I got my Egg back around Thanksgiving in 2010 (but have been grilling/smoking since '97). Looks like I started the blog back in August of 2011 (had to go look that one up)

[-X @Mickey, Mickey, Mickey what are we going to do with you. I think I heard about that @Village_Idiot.

I think I tried a McRib one time. Must not have been too good cuz I never went back.

Rowlett, Texas

• bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 760
    Looks good. Will take that over McD anyday.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,924
    edited June 2013
    Chubbs said:
    I can't remember the last time I even ate there. Even then, it was a breakfast sandwich. It must be at least 6 or 7 years.

I'll have to try Griffin's version soon to see what all the hype is about.
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,628
    That looks amazing man! The onion rings looks amazing.

XLBGE 
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I'd rather walk to Texas for Griff's than to walk across the street to Mcd's for that imposter
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Great idea!  I always enjoyed the Mc Rib, but for the last few years I have been looking at the "Pork Rib" on that thing and wondering what else is in there.  So making ones own is a great idea!  Next I'll try making a Bell Beefer.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova
  • Looks delicious!  

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • twelvebeertwelvebeer Posts: 36
    That looks amazing!
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 10,258
    Thats a horrible looking McRib - you actually used real pork ribs :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,625
    This got me to thinking and remember a place here that had two very good items. First was a rib sandwich. This was with real ribs (two or three bone-in) on white bread. Second was a perch sandwich with a whole crisp fried perch (all fins/bones) on white bread. Place has been gone for many years but both were very good for lunch.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 3,993
    My wife loves Mcribs. I can't stand them. I'll take one of yours without the onion.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    Ah that looks DELICIOUS

Well done
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,767
    We used to have a local restaurant that cooked only on Eggs and served that sandwich! Called the Quarter Rack Rib Meat sandwich. Best darn lunch in town.
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL / Small Green Eggs