Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Early Father's Day gift

13»

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    RocEGG said:

That sucks man. I know how that is. Had a dealer try to rip my wife off with a similar deal. I don't understand this mentality. They are living in the past not realizing that they are going to get not just a bad review that you spread to your family and friends but also on forums, yelp/yahoo/etc. Stupid to believe that you can pull the wool over someones eyes these days when all it takes is 5 minutes online to see that you are full of sh*t. Hopefully BGE will be able to step in and help out. Sounds like a dealer that shouldn't be an authorized reseller.

He isn't. And I'm not only one. Chubbs also had bad experiences with him.
    And I'm not asking much. Just to pay the cost of this model. So he would owe me $80. That's it. Or give me an accessory of equal value that I need.
    Boom
  • I was in there Monday during the monsoon and after twenty minutes someone finally asked if I needed any help. I said sure what's the difference between the medium and large as far as what can I cook. The lady handed me a 3 ring binder and said everything should be in here and walked off. I won't be going in there again even if they paid me.

LBGE

John Henry Lump Charcoal

A few toys for the Egg right now but always looking for more.

Egging in the Lowcountry of SC

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Breaking news... This dealer just took a job as online customer outreach coordinator at Wicked Good Lump Company
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

I was in there Monday during the monsoon and after twenty minutes someone finally asked if I needed any help. I said sure what's the difference between the medium and large as far as what can I cook. The lady handed me a 3 ring binder and said everything should be in here and walked off. I won't be going in there again even if they paid me.

You should have taken the binder home with you. They wouldn't know where to look for prices since their head is up their ass.

@fanoffanboys, take a mapp torch and set all their lump ablaze. Make sure it's the sparky stuff so they go out with a bang.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I was surprised when you told me they would take it back. Figuered they would renig on that. Typical. May have to count you loss and tell them to eff off. The woman in there is a beeotch. They know nothing about BGE and it is a shame they are one of our only options to buy locally. I hope you get it worked out.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • FanOfFanboys
    Chubbs said:
    I was surprised when you told me they would take it back. Figuered they would renig on that. Typical. May have to count you loss and tell them to eff off. The woman in there is a beeotch. They know nothing about BGE and it is a shame they are one of our only options to buy locally. I hope you get it worked out.

Thanks. It has been a much bigger hassle than I anticipated. Duane emailed me back so I think he is going to help out. Either way JO will get all my business going forward. One thing a new egg brings is need for new accessories ha a
    Boom
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    I bet this dealer has a bazillions of feet in the back. Same kind of dealer that takes those parts out that come "standard" and tries to sell them as accessories.

XLBGE 
  • lowcountry_chuck
    lowcountry_chuck Posts: 15
    edited June 2013

@fanoffanboys I saw this the other evening. http://charlotte.craigslist.org/wan/3861984751.html

Might be option if you can't get anywhere with the dealer or the mothership.

It might also be a good excuse to venture over to that store I told you about via PM. 

LBGE

John Henry Lump Charcoal

A few toys for the Egg right now but always looking for more.

Egging in the Lowcountry of SC

• FanOfFanboys
    Well just as an update I got a response back from BGE. They're going to mail me a ceramic cap, high temp gasket, the new hinge system, and the new style nest. So outside of the inside ring not having the cutout for the PS it will essentially be the new style mini. And would reflect closer to the price my wife paid. Overall satisfied with BGE. And that dealer lost accessory sales from me. And my brother in law and my step dad are both buying Eggs this weekend so he will lose those two sales to Jack Oliver.
    Boom