Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Group Buys

Options
I am willing to try and sponsor some group buys, is there any items you guys would like?
Thanks
Sky
https://www.facebook.com/eemoutdoors?fref=ts
Stocking a full line of eggs, eggsessories,  other outdoor products, as well as electric motors, pumps and powertools

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    No offense meant, but I imagine that some would have reservations about sending money to a new member, trusting that the funds would be applied towards purchase of the item in question. Especially based on the type of solicitation above.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Big Sky
    Big Sky Posts: 15
    Options
    I can understand that.
     I am a well established egg distributor in N. West Fl. and figured I might be able to leverage my buying power out  to the forum.  I have done several similar things here in Pensacola and thought I should make it bigger.
    I guess I should have given a better explanation of my qualifications in the above post.
    I have been an authorized egg dealer in Pensacola for 4 years now and stock a full line of eggs and eggsessories as well as a great spread of spices and seasonings, lots of smoking woods, and various other grilling items.
    Thanks
    Sky
    Stocking a full line of eggs, eggsessories,  other outdoor products, as well as electric motors, pumps and powertools
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    What store in Pensacola? I'm from gulf breeze.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That sounds more plausible. Thanks for the clarification. Again, i wasn't trying to offend you.

Maybe you could invite folks who are interested in purchasing items through your dealership to PM you for details e.g. website, etc? Outright solicitations are generally frowned upon on the forum, but there are folks on here who deal in egg-related products. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Big Sky
    Options
    No offense taken,
    We are at Escambia Electric Motor
    I did not realize that solicitations were frowned upon, and apologize.
    If somebody wants to start a group buy on something feel free to Pm me or call, and I will see what I can do.
    Thanks
    Sky
  • freddyj
    freddyj Posts: 129
    Options
    What kinds of group buys do you have in mind!
    Kamado Joe Big Joe, Classic & Junior
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Options
    Thermapen sounds good. :D
  • Big Sky
    Options
    I dont have any in mind, feel free to send me some ideas and we can just go with whatever gets the most responses
  • ddegger
    ddegger Posts: 244
    Options
    BMW group buy - who's in?
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    canegger said:
    Thermapen sounds good. :D

Last time I participated in a thermapen group buy the thermapen folks suggested we reach out to them first and get a coupon code for our group. Makes things a lot easier.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• billsme
    billsme Posts: 42
    Options
    +1 on group coupon approach for the new backlit Thermapen....
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    I would think a dealer would know where to advertise, or at least post this type of "stuff" in the "Off Topic" forum?
  • ohiolion
    ohiolion Posts: 28
    Options

With all the new grid extenders floating around, a group buy on BGE grates/grids might be a worthwhile endeavor.

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    ohiolion said:

With all the new grid extenders floating around, a group buy on BGE grates/grids might be a worthwhile endeavor.

+1
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • MOvikingsfan
    Options

bigphil said:

+1
    +2        I need 2 mediums please!! [-O<
  • Big Sky
    Options
    I am looking into some different extenders, and grates, are there any that seem to be more worth while.

Also being a dealer does not make me a forum expert, and this seemed to be on topic so I thought the off topic was not the right place. I also was not advertising, in fact my original post said nothing like that, at the time of the posting I did not have anything in the signature (added it later for some creditability).  I was just hoping to make a good impression by offering a desired product at a great price.
  • Big Sky
    Options
    After reading all 15 pages of the extender buy and seeing that many people are needing grates, I will see if I can find an economical shipping method and work up a GREAT price
    Thanks
    Sky