Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Explain this one

Why would anyone spend  $1500 for a large egg on ebay?  Only nest and mates included.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281106919235?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Whoever bought it, didn't price it out, only tasted some egged food and told himself --  "i have to have this at ANY COST!" ....
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Makes me wanna start " flippin" eggs!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    and no warranty from the mothership....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 716
    A lot of times you will see stuff that sells for way over price like that and then the buyer(s) will back out...see it happen all of the time on collectible duck calls...
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    I once sold a Bose radio/CD player for $100 more than you could buy it retail.  People get caught up in the bidding frenzy.