Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Yellow Fin Tuna

Did some seared yellow-fin tuna last night along with some grilled fresh pineapple slices. Used my CI grid. Let the egg heat up to about 500; about 1 minute per side. Thanks to @Little_Steven... I referred to a recent post he made about using a wasabi/soy sauce mix to coat the tuna before adding the black and white sesame seeds. Turned out great!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• That's a good-looking cook!

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,895
    Dang! My kind of grub.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 3,023
    I love Yellow Fin.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014
    Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,917
    @JRWhitee, I just buy mine frozen at Costco. Catching your own must be a blast!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014
    Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • I'll have to check out that thread!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,973
    They have Bluefin on sale at the Loblaws chain this week. 10 bucks a pound as I remember. I go on Wednesdays cause you get a 10% discount for being old. (55 and over)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Is it hard to find these "black and white sesame seeds" ??
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 1,171
    Money! That looks spectacular.
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
    edited June 2013
    @Little_Steven... I've still got a year to go!

@Charlie_tuna... shouldn't be hard to find... check the asian or spice section of your local grocery store. Or, buy a bottle of each and mix your own. However, mixing your own can be a little time consuming if you're counting the seeds to ensure an equal mix 
    :))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    @Little_Steven... I've still got a year to go!

@Charlie_tuna... shouldn't be hard to find... check the asian or spice section of your local grocery store. Or, buy a bottle of each and mix your own. However, mixing your own can be a little time consuming if you're counting the seeds to ensure an equal mix 
    :))

In TEXAS ,  Is the ratio one to one ?

:-B
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,973
    That's what I do, roughly. They are cheap in the Asian stores so I just pour them on a plate and press the fish in. I like the tuna ultra rare so I sometimes toast the seeds in a dry pan.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

That's what I do, roughly. They are cheap in the Asian stores so I just pour them on a plate and press the fish in. I like the tuna ultra rare so I sometimes toast the seeds in a dry pan.
    Me too. I'd let it swim up on my plate if it could.