Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reebs....(pix)

Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024

I got off work a little bit early on Friday...not early enough for low and slow spare ribs, but at least early enough for a "moderately" turbo'd version.  :)  Did them around 275 or 300 deg f for about 3 to 3.5 hours.  Threw together an improvised simple rub that didn't include sugar (can't even remember what was in it now).  I wasn't planning on foiling, so I didn't want the sugar to burn.  Put the trimmings off to the side and smoked those up for a later use (most likely for pinto beans)...and I used Jack Daniels Whisky Barrel Oak Chips for smoke.

Then Saturday was my and Mrs. Dyal's 11th Wedding Anniversary.  We ended up going to see a movie, out for some seafood at the Blue Marlin (local Columbia, SC restaurant) and dessert at the "Cupcake" bakery.  We had a very nice and relaxing day off.  :)  Yesterday, we picked up a small rack of Beef Ribs from Publix.  Can't beat the price of $2.99 per pound....Publix is also pretty generous with the amount of meat they leave on the bones.

Gave these a pretty simple rub of Salt, Pepper, Chile Powder and Cayenne Pepper, then basted with Stubbs Original toward the end.  I also used JD Whisky Barrel Oak Chips for this smoke.  Smoked them around 275 deg f dome temp until they were done (somewhere around 4 hours I guess)...

Tonight's dinner was Cubed Venison Steak, Grits and Gravy....didn't take pix of that.  :)  Tomorrow I'll be back at it though with some wok'ed up Thai food off the BGE!  :)

Comments