Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wings!

cazzycazzy Posts: 7,965
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Got some Oakridge rub this week, so I thought I would give it a whirl!  

Picked up some wings and prepped them two different ways.  Oakridge Habanero Death Dust for me, and Dizzy Pig Shakin' the Tree for the wifey.

In a plastic bag, I added rub and little bit of corn starch and shook it up until everything was incorporated.  Stabilized the egg at 400, added cherry chips, and threw them on raised direct.

Very good!  Served with tots and a modified version of mexican street corn.  Love the Oakridge Death Dust!!

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
·

Comments

• Looks good cazzy, how was the oakridge?
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,436
    Crap that looks GOOD
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,965
    Looks good cazzy, how was the oakridge?
    Loved it!  Great flavor and perfect heat!  At least for me...my wife got one by mistake and went running for the milk!   =))
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,277
    Looks great Cazzy. That rub looks and sounds killer.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,300
    That rub is awesome. It's one of their hand-signed ones too. Nice touch.
    ·