Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Montevidean Stuffed Beef Roll (PIC HEAVY)

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
Found this one in Steven Raichlen Barbecue Bible .But rather than use flank steak i used a flat iron stuffing is red bell and green peppers ,kielbasa ,Romano cheese ,carrots all cut into strips about a 1/4 inch wide  seasoned with salt ,pepper, dried oregano and sage also rubbed in a little raising the steaks rub .Then rolled into a bacon  weave with a little more raising the steak rub on the inside of the bacon. he called for it to be rolled into aluminum foil as well i opted raise grate on my XL no PS just a drip pan on the lower grate with russet potatoes on the lower and corn on the cob on the LBGE .Dome temp 350 am figuring a hour to hour in a half roughly till ready .Finished pics to follow later thanks for looking
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
·

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    Turned out pretty good only things i'd change is add a bit more seasoning and may be a milder cheese .
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    (Insert picture of Homer Simpson drooling here)
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,342
    nice
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,288
    Busy day! Looks great
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,301
    Looks delicious good sir. Puts my ribeyes and shrimp to shame!
    ·
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Man I love the bacon weave. Need a step by step tutorial on that one.  it looks complicated
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,977
    + 1 on the bacon weave- impressive weaving skills there. Nice cook!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    Thanks everyone . The credit for the bacon weave goes to Pam my wife she made it and rolled the beef into it . Had I done that part it most likely would have looked like a train wreck
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,301
    bigphil said:

Thanks everyone . The credit for the bacon weave goes to Pam my wife she made it and rolled the beef into it . Had I done that part it most likely would have looked like a train wreck

Train wreck? Next stop, flavor town!
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Nice. I've always wanted to try that recipe, but didn't see the point in wrapping it in foil. I like your idea of a bacon weave instead. Genius!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    @Griffin thanks, it was pretty tasty although I think next time I'll steam the carrots first a bit and raise the temp a bit to cook the bacon a bit faster and leave the meat hopefully medium to medium well rather than well done
    ·