Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Montevidean Stuffed Beef Roll (PIC HEAVY)

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
Found this one in Steven Raichlen Barbecue Bible .But rather than use flank steak i used a flat iron stuffing is red bell and green peppers ,kielbasa ,Romano cheese ,carrots all cut into strips about a 1/4 inch wide  seasoned with salt ,pepper, dried oregano and sage also rubbed in a little raising the steaks rub .Then rolled into a bacon  weave with a little more raising the steak rub on the inside of the bacon. he called for it to be rolled into aluminum foil as well i opted raise grate on my XL no PS just a drip pan on the lower grate with russet potatoes on the lower and corn on the cob on the LBGE .Dome temp 350 am figuring a hour to hour in a half roughly till ready .Finished pics to follow later thanks for looking
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
·

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    Turned out pretty good only things i'd change is add a bit more seasoning and may be a milder cheese .
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 350
    (Insert picture of Homer Simpson drooling here)
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,303
    nice
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,660
    Busy day! Looks great
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,475
    Looks delicious good sir. Puts my ribeyes and shrimp to shame!
    ·
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Man I love the bacon weave. Need a step by step tutorial on that one.  it looks complicated
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,585
    + 1 on the bacon weave- impressive weaving skills there. Nice cook!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    Thanks everyone . The credit for the bacon weave goes to Pam my wife she made it and rolled the beef into it . Had I done that part it most likely would have looked like a train wreck
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,475
    bigphil said:

Thanks everyone . The credit for the bacon weave goes to Pam my wife she made it and rolled the beef into it . Had I done that part it most likely would have looked like a train wreck

Train wreck? Next stop, flavor town!
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Nice. I've always wanted to try that recipe, but didn't see the point in wrapping it in foil. I like your idea of a bacon weave instead. Genius!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    @Griffin thanks, it was pretty tasty although I think next time I'll steam the carrots first a bit and raise the temp a bit to cook the bacon a bit faster and leave the meat hopefully medium to medium well rather than well done
    ·