Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cen-Tex quick question.

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
Freddie is on his way up and I have had some chicken breasts in the sous vide for about 2 1/2 hours. Should I leave them til dinner, probably an hour and a half or pull them. Think I'm OK but wanted reassurance

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• cheech5001cheech5001 Posts: 102
    @littlesteven- though I am not Cen-Tex, I do sous vide regularly, and I think you will be fine leaving them in for four hours total.

Cheers.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320

Thanks man! I thought I would be ok. Appreciate it.

You wouldn't want to be Cen-tex  anyway

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • agree with cheech. should be fine. They are safe, they can just get mushy after several hours. If I remember right, 1-4 hours is the standard. I am currently drinking in my pool though so I think I would listen to cheech.

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    I hate you and I hope your cell phone electrocutes you.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I hate you and I hope your cell phone electrocutes you.

get in line, Frenchy

·