Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

First brisket cooked.....I feel like I have given birth

Cooked @225 for 10hrs or so, foiled for the last 3 hrs just because I was afraid we were never going to eat...overall great meat but the bark wasn't what I expected.....maybe because I foiled it but I didn't seem to stick to the meat as I wanted...Can't wait to go at her again!!!

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,866
    You can fix that by not cooking at 225. That's way too low for an egg cook. Try 250-300. I did my last one at 280 and it was great.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 540
    Looks good. Where did you get it i'm just south of ottawa and haven't tried one yet
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 729
    I did one at 275-280 today and the bark came out great,, didn't foil it...just let the brisket be the brisket.
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
  • SensFanSensFan Posts: 41
    Sweet thanks I am going to try that for sure and I forgot to add MAN I LOVE MY EGG....and I got the beef at lavergne western beef in navan
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,179
    225* is to low to cook unless you are retired and have nothing better to do.  Agree with @travisstrick you need to be above 250* at least. Nothing wrong with the product from today though. Welcome, and always post your cooks.  The rest of us need inspiration.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • BeerIAmBeerIAm Posts: 21

My head is spinning now with all these things I want to cook!
  • BeerIAmBeerIAm Posts: 21
    Where are my manners?  Congratulations on your little one.  He is very handsome.
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 729
    Thank you @beeriam - I too forgot to congratulate the proud papa - nice work!,
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,743
    Nice job, I love the Brisket.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• JSobotkinJSobotkin Posts: 30

XLg BGE - JANUARY 2013

Spare rib anyone? – Adam