Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just burgers on the small

Options
Did some burgers on the small tonight. Mixed in some head country hot bbq sauce with the meat. I like to do mine around 425 indirect.

Sprinkled mine with some cayenne pepper dust @scottborasjr sent me. Love this stuff!

Also egging in a storm ;)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Sorry, no plated or finished pics, ate this in a hurry! Got called in for a case around 11 and it was long! No lunch, just home in time to egg supper. This could be one of last meals egg'd at our current house. Home inspection Monday and starting to move after we pass that. The wife is doing a thousand times better! Hopefully bed rest will be lifted next doctors appointment, new little baby is growing perfect. Thanks for prayers and kind words! God is good!

XLBGE 

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Looks good.  Glad the wife is doing better. It will all be worth it.  Good luck with the move, and stay safe from the storm.
    DomCal Posts: 31
    Options
    those are some ominous looking clouds and good looking burgers!!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Really glad you are enjoying the pepper dust, maybe I will see if I can get you the more beef centric one since the one you have is intended for poultry and pork.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Sounds like a good meal. Best wishes for MrsMCN and the bun in the oven.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Thanks guys. Life is getting much better with mrs.MCN up and moving around.

The burgers were very tasty! I put a piece of Lebanon bologna on mine before I melted Colby cheese on them.

@scottborasjr

I've got a few cayenne ripening right now, but will prolly move before I get enough to do anything with. Oh we'll, planning garden for next year!

XLBGE 
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    I'm curious, why do you choose to do burgers indirect?
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • BeerIAm
    BeerIAm Posts: 21
    Options
    Looking good MCN.  Good luck with the move and little one. 

How long did you cook the burgers per side like this?
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @biggreenbamagriller

Just lazy I guess. Feel like I have more control of temp and done. Easy to dry a burger out. Texture is different. It's not really smoking them at that temp. I tend to keep the patty together better.... Uh really I'm just rambling man. I don't do much straight direct. This is just how I do burger.

What's your thoughts?

XLBGE 
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    I dunno. Never even considered doing burgers this way. I don't really like putting the plate setter in unless it is absolutely necessary #lazy. I don't do wings, pizza or a number of other things that many people use the PS with.

May give it a try some time to see what I think. 
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @beeriam

Prolly around a 15-20 min cook. I just do internal temp. I was baking fries at the same time. Just one flip near the end. Don't really need any flip. I put cheese on at 155-160ish then pull when it's melted.

XLBGE 
  • BeerIAm
    BeerIAm Posts: 21
    Options
    @beeriam Prolly around a 15-20 min cook. I just do internal temp. I was baking fries at the same time. Just one flip near the end. Don't really need any flip. I put cheese on at 155-160ish then pull when it's melted.
    Cool thanks.  I haven't cooked burgers yet on my egg.  I'm so used to flipping on (cough, cough) gas, that I forgot about the need not to really do that on indirect.  Will have to try this....soon.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Good luck on the inspection and the move. Glad to hear the wife and baby are doing better.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    I could be off on the time. A lot of my cooks are chill out times. Today was a cool down after a wild MI.

@beeriam
    Good luck post some pics!

XLBGE