Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sirloins with Garlic mushrooms

Reconditioned a Wagner 8 cast iron skillet my great grandmother and grandmother(found rusted out in dad's garage) used to make fried chicken to sear some 1" sirloins tonight.  Let is heat up to ~600 for 25 minutes and seared each side for 90 seconds.  Got the egg down to 400 and put the steaks back on each side for 4 minutes.  Pulled at IT of 140. 

Added some garlic, EVOO, and garlic sauteed mushrooms

Here it is all plated...My wife some amazing Hasselback Potatoes to go with it.  

LBGE
Zionsville, IN
steak.JPG 599.6K
shrooms.JPG 648.7K
both.JPG 718.2K
·

Comments

• jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,538
    I hate it when I start drooling so bad I almost short out my keyboard........beautiful!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    Thanks jaydub58.  It was good but not rub eye.  Trying to cook a little healthier during the week.  
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
  • sticks88sticks88 Posts: 94
    Ya I could be on my 3rd keyboard if I didn't come on the site with a napkin to drool on.Looking good!

XL BGE and Pellet smoker

·