Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Another Brisket Question - Pan or Not?

QDudeQDude Posts: 666
The few briskets that I have done were just done indirect with a drip pan to catch the fat.  Would I be better off still cooking indirect but putting the brisket in a foil pan to catch the drippings?  Thanks for your advice!

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,190
    I would go with the drip pan below the brisket (on the platesetter/heat deflector-with an air gap between pan and platesetter) if not doing braise aka "the travis method".  I think you will get better air flow with the brisket above the pan and thus better smoking/cooking of the meat.  But just and opinion and we all know what those are worth.  Regardless, I'm sure it will turn out great.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.