Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I *USED TO* be a fan of Wicked Good charcoal...

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2013
    Aviator said:

When I

Chubbs said:

I have been through 3 bags of popcorn....

When I read this, I about spit coke all over my iPad. Thank you for the laugh!! :))

You need to switch to Android. It will not make you nauseous and throw up.

That's all we need, lets add a android vs apple war to this thread.

I'm convinced...it must be a little brother complex. I usually see Android folks screaming from the hill tops that they are better! Becoming very comical, until I thought, "****, I remember trying to obnoxiously prove my worth too growing up". Lol
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    No worries!

I am sir Rob.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • TonyA said:
    Caliking took a jab at WG because he can't get it in his area at the price he wants. The WG woman made a pointless and ill conceived response because he was trying to damage the good name of her company. Caliking proceeds to put the entire, otherwise private, conversation on the forum after clearly getting the best of the WG woman's composure. The WG woman's wording is easily taken to the exteme if not entirely out of context. A pile on ensues. Shocking in this place. These guys make a little charcoal and are gracious enough to ship it to your door at a number. They could probably hand pick the buyers. They simply don't make enough. Not available in your area? Find another charcoal. It's charcoal! Too say you were treated poorly after trying to publicly damaging the company's image is weak. It's not like the WG woman told a customer in good standing he was wrong. She told a guy who made a jab at her company that he knew nothing about her business and pleaded for respect. Truth be told, she doesn't need his business or anyone else who buys this scenario. They run out of the stuff ... I think they have sales covered outside of the big green egg forum.

Well said. This has got to be one of the biggest over reactions I've ever encountered. Everyone needs to relax. I can't believe everyone's feelings are so easily hurt. Man-up people. Go drink a beer and grill some meat.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Cazzy, I brought it up because he said ipad. Apple is SINKING and be sure to sell you stock or you will loose more and ALL.  This is not to distract from the thread, and its purpose, but to just inject some egghead fun into it. :))

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    edited May 2013
    Considering how long I have been buying 'Lump' ... even before I have owned a BGE .... I have known about The Naked Whiz Reviews.  
    I would assume the Whiz would get great interactions from the company owners a high majority of the time.   

Mass hysteria ... yes, but maybe the folks see the owners response in question as a response to the average Joe.

I do not see anything wrong with the folks who voice their positive interactions.  They all have two sides to the transaction/story. 
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Well, I may as well jump in since everyone else seems to be. I have worked in the sales world for over 25 years. You absolutely cannot respond to a customer, or potential customer that way. I have never used WG charcoal and after reading that email, I have no interest in buying. There are many charcoal companies out there and if a company doesn't care if someone will buy their charcoal, then they don't need my business. And I personally have no issue in Caliking posting this. It was the result of a public post on a public forum and is a product that many people on here use and talk about often. His original comment was his opinion and in this day and age of social networking and immediate responses online, you just can't respond in that way. I'm sure she regrets it but I don't really care. I will stick with my RO.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013
    Aviator said:

Cazzy, I brought it up because he said ipad. Apple is SINKING and be sure to sell you stock or you will loose more and ALL.  This is not to distract from the thread, and its purpose, but to just inject some egghead fun into it. :))

Sinking? Damn, then I need to tell all the people I see with iOS or Mac to toss their devices in the trash. On a daily basis, I see 10:1 Apple to Android...so I have a ton of work to do!!
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Oh snap! There goes the neighborhood! Sure do wish @nolaegghead was in here to ref.!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    edited May 2013

Kosko said:
    Oh snap! There goes the neighborhood! Sure do wish @nolaegghead was in here to ref.!
    Agreed. Did not know him other than from reading his posts.. but seems like a voice of reason.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2013
    Considering how long I have been buying 'Lump' ... even before I have owned a BGE .... I have known about The Naked Whiz Reviews.  
    I would assume the Whiz would get great interactions from the company owners a high majority of the time.   

Mass hysteria ... yes, but maybe the folks see the owners response in question as a response to the average Joe.

I do not see anything wrong with the folks who voice their positive interactions.  They all have two sides to the transaction/story. 

Slowpoke creek, you are missin the point. The Wiz needed to have been impartial. So whats he geeting from WGWW for standin up for them? Now, don't get it in a wad. I have not used anything but WGWW. I buy so much that the local ace knows my first name. I am just appalled that an OWNER would write that.

I am done with this crap. Its not my mission to belittle them. I will NOT buy. Enough said.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• cazzy
    edited May 2013

I'm fine with peeps voicing positive interactions. However, just because Clint Eastwood is your avatar, you don't have to be the 'Internet Tough Guy' and call a grown man a b!tch!
  • cazzy said:

I'm fine with peeps voicing positive interactions. However, just because Clint Eastwood is your avatar, you don't have to be the 'Internet Tough Guy' and call a grown man a b!tch!

I love Cali but i died laughing when i saw it. Well played. I vote for chaos.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    What does Marcellus Wallace look like?!
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    TonyA said:
    What does Marcellus Wallace look like?!
    BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Aviator, so I say I am stunned by this thread and now I'm taking bribes?  Wow.  Like you, I'm done with this crap. 
    The Naked Whiz
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013

Yep, that definitely is @Sundown in a nutshell.
  • TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    edited May 2013
    Aviator said:

Slowpoke creek, you are missin the point. The Wiz needed to have been impartial. So whats he geeting from WGWW for standin up for them? Now, don't get it in a wad. I have not used anything but WGWW. I buy so much that the local ace knows my first name. I am just appalled that an OWNER would write that.

I am done with this crap. Its not my mission to belittle them. I will NOT buy. 

No wad here Aviator ... re read my post.  I don't think the Whiz is getting anything for standing up for them.  I just think a company owner (WG) would treat the Whiz a lot better than an average Joe.   So by the Whiz saying he has great treatment from them doesn't mean that much to me.  If I was a known restaurant reviewer, and started to talk with a restaurant owner, I bet I'd get treated better than the average guy.   That's all I'm saying.  

• cazzy
    edited May 2013

Aviator, so I say I am stunned by this thread and now I'm taking bribes?  Wow.  Like you, I'm done with this crap. 

Whiz, review any new lump lately? :)

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Really...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I'm gonna start putting briquettes in my egg.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    cazzy said:

Whiz, review any new lump lately? :)

Yeah, Whiz I enjoy reading the reviews. My favorite is Nature Glo right now. I see you approved.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • ddegger
    ddegger Posts: 244
    Thanks for the post. Was a big WG fan but this turns me off a bit. Have been pretty happy with my new bag of RO (just wish I could find it somewhere other than Wally World) so I think that will be my new brand.
  • cazzy
    For the record, while I'm fine with RO, it doesn't hold a candle to WGWW. Actually, after I finish my four bags of RO, I'm going back to Central Market lump.
  • loveTheEgg
    loveTheEgg Posts: 573

double said:
    I just finished my last bag of WGWW I don't know @caliking but by responding like that I take it personally so I will take my business elsewhere.
    same here!!

Hey Lee Ann/Co-owner.....you just made a huge mistake!!
    Brandon, MS

just watched it on youtube again. Far too vulgar to post on a family friendly forum such as this but if anyone is inclined..........its hilarious
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cazzy

just watched it on youtube again. Far too vulgar to post on a family friendly forum such as this but if anyone is inclined..........its hilarious</blockquote

I've never seen it but I'm going to watch right now. BRB!
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Every time I re-read Lee's email to Caliking I cringe and am deeply embarrassed for her. She may be the nicest person in the world 99% of the time, but she screwed the pooch with her email. Absolutely as piss poor as it gets from a corporate communications standpoint.