Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wanted to do something different with chicken breasts last night...

Options
Took a few chicken breasts out to thaw yesterday morning and when I went home from lunch I wanted to do something different than grilled chicken breasts. I ended up flipping through a Guy Fieri cook book my wife got me a while back and found a recipe for Tom Kha soup. I know it's not on the egg, and I didn't get a pics, but man it sure was good for a pretty simple cook. Boil some chicken in chicken stock with lemon grass, add a few chiles, some mushrooms, red peppers, ginger, fish sauce, Siracha, lime and coconut milk and it was delicious.

If you like Thai food, this soup was crazy easy and turned out great.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

Comments

• tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    I did smoke a great cigar though and have a pic of that!
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I love that stuff and so does my wife.  Might be fun to do with breast that smoked on the egg first.  I am gonna have to see if I can track down that recipe.  I like the Tom Kah and the Tom Yum...although I can never remember which is which. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    Me either. Can never remember. I think smoking the chicken on the grill might change the flavor profile too much for it. But it also might be really good too. I think at the very least I could cook it on the woo...