Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stuffed bell peppers

shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
Was asked to do Boston butts for a retirement party tomorrow. Butts rubbed and on @ 250-275 @ 7:45. Decided to throw on some stuffed bell peppers for supper since the egg was going anyway.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

image.jpg 2.5M
·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    How long do you plan to cook the peppers?
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    They were on for about an hour. I put them on before the butts.
    image.jpg 2.5M

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    they look good i've been planning on doing my mothers recipe for them in my dutch oven on the egg now i really gotta do them 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,711
    I love stuffed peppers and have been wanting to do them on the egg. Do you cook them to a certain IT of the stuffing?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,221
    shtgunal3 said:
    They were on for about an hour. I put them on before the butts.
    That is consistent with my experience cooking peppers.  They look good.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,580
    Great looking peppers as I'm sure the butts will impress tomorrow.
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 557
    Very nice!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Thanks all. @caliking I pulled @ 160. Next time I will do at a higher temp and try to get the peppers softer.

·
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    Very nice cook. 
    ·
  • Nice!  Peppers look great - butts look like they'll be no slouch, either.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·