Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribs, Wings, Spuds

What a supper, put small rack of ribs on the small egg this afternoon. 275-300* they were on for just over 4 hours, rubbed them with mustard then seasoned them with "bone sucking rub" and salt and pepper. Used some cherry chips for smoke.
Fired up the large egg for one baked potato, rubbed EVO and S&P with some garlic salt. Put that in the large, 400* and turned it every 20 minutes, Put in my home made raised rack, ( can't wait for the new group buy eggcessory to show  up). Laid chicken wings on that and flipped them every 20 minutes. Used corn starch, bone sucking rub and S&P for the rub. Fired up our deep fryer and had onion rings as well. Jeepers we are full. But it was a great meal. Had left over baked beans and coleslaw as well. Guess all that food is the reason I am resting on the couch.:)
·

Comments

• rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Sweet cook. I gotta try wings. How did you like the bone sucking rub? Is it sweet or spicy?
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,719
    We use bone sucking rub a fair bit, it isn't real spicy at all.
    ·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,554
    In your pic I see "house of Q" that's a Canadian made rub isn't it??? Is it good...Ive been wanting to give that a try.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,719
    @canman. House of Q is very good stuff, give it a try, don't think you will be disappointed.
    ·