Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

1st Pizza - I'm hooked.

CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
Did my first pizza last night. Dough made using a WildTree mix.  Wife and I prefer a white sauce so I picked up a garlic/parmessan sauce.  Put some leftover chicken (from a previous spatchcock) some bacon and diced tomatoes.  Used the platesetter legs up, grate on top of that with a further homemade raised grate on top of that then the BGE pizza stone.  Put the stone up inside the dome nicely.  Heated it up to 550 and gave it a bit for the stone to come up to tent.  Only took about 6-7 minutes to bake.  It was so good.  Definitely have to get a peel in the near future.

Comments

• there you go. We can only eat pizza at a few restaurants anymore. You are off and running.
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    there you go. We can only eat pizza at a few restaurants anymore. You are off and running.
    I can see why.  My wife just sat there all silent at first so I wasn't sure if she liked it but then she just went on and on about how good it was.  Loved the crust.
  • Great looking pie.  We haven't had pizza from anywhere since the egg.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,851
    How are you holding that pizza stone with no gloves? Are you Superman? 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    Hi54putty said:
    That's funny. That is actually our Pampered Chef stone (which I had been warned not to use) that we used for a makeshift peel.  We baked the pizza on the stone from BGE.  

And it would be Supergirl as my wife was holding the stone.  LOL
  • CharlieTN said:
    Hi54putty said:
    That's funny. That is actually our Pampered Chef stone (which I had been warned not to use) that we used for a makeshift peel.  We baked the pizza on the stone from BGE.  

And it would be Supergirl as my wife was holding the stone.  LOL
    haha, here I was, wondering how your stone went from brand new looking to super black on one pie! :)

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    I have cooked pies many different ways on my Egg and they are all good.  The deep dish pan pizzas are my all time favorite.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!