Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st Pizza - I'm hooked.

CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
Did my first pizza last night. Dough made using a WildTree mix.  Wife and I prefer a white sauce so I picked up a garlic/parmessan sauce.  Put some leftover chicken (from a previous spatchcock) some bacon and diced tomatoes.  Used the platesetter legs up, grate on top of that with a further homemade raised grate on top of that then the BGE pizza stone.  Put the stone up inside the dome nicely.  Heated it up to 550 and gave it a bit for the stone to come up to tent.  Only took about 6-7 minutes to bake.  It was so good.  Definitely have to get a peel in the near future.

·

Comments

• there you go. We can only eat pizza at a few restaurants anymore. You are off and running.

·
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    there you go. We can only eat pizza at a few restaurants anymore. You are off and running.
    I can see why.  My wife just sat there all silent at first so I wasn't sure if she liked it but then she just went on and on about how good it was.  Loved the crust.
    ·
  • Great looking pie.  We haven't had pizza from anywhere since the egg.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,610
    How are you holding that pizza stone with no gloves? Are you Superman? 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    Hi54putty said:
    That's funny. That is actually our Pampered Chef stone (which I had been warned not to use) that we used for a makeshift peel.  We baked the pizza on the stone from BGE.  

And it would be Supergirl as my wife was holding the stone.  LOL
    ·
  • CharlieTN said:
    Hi54putty said:
    That's funny. That is actually our Pampered Chef stone (which I had been warned not to use) that we used for a makeshift peel.  We baked the pizza on the stone from BGE.  

And it would be Supergirl as my wife was holding the stone.  LOL
    haha, here I was, wondering how your stone went from brand new looking to super black on one pie! :)

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.
    ·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    I have cooked pies many different ways on my Egg and they are all good.  The deep dish pan pizzas are my all time favorite.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·