It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Well this weekend the wife and I were supposed to get away for our 8th anniversary (today), however my mother-in-law who was going to watch the kiddos got sick so we changed it up to this weekend. Anyway had a great weekend despite the set back.
1. Had some friends over made ABTs, smoked deviled eggs, and a spatch chicken. Everyone loved different things, there wasn't much food left over.
2. Had an at home date with the wife Saturday night since we couldn't go out. Did an at home chocolate tasting. Got 6 different bars. Great idea from a site I found www.thedatingdivas.com (I have no involvement in the site, just was looking for some creative at home date ideas).
3. Sunday we decided to skip church to have a relaxing weekend at home, just hung out, relaxed with the kiddos, went to the park, took a nap, and rented the movie Jack Reacher (ok movie in my opinion, not great).
4. Monday I took the big one (5) on a daddy daughter date. She has been asking for weeks to go out and see a movie. So we went to the 11:00 showing and went to see Epic. She got waaaay too much candy and got spoiled on the date (the French Fries in the picture were amazing from a little restaurant in Bremerton). She loved it.
5. Wife wanted to try Clay's Pulled Beef Recipe so went for it on Monday. Turned out to be the best pulled beef I have ever tried. Between that and the Peppered Stout Beef I have a couple of clutch sandwhich recipes in my back pocket.
6. Enjoyed a new beer, holy cow was it good. Made by Iron Horse Brewery in Ellensburg, Wa. I am a huge fan of their Irish Death beer so had to try this one. Will buy again.
7. Last but not least I asked my wife what her favorite things I make on the egg were. She had a hard time deciding, however, the top of the list were: Santa Maria Tri-Tip, Spatch Chicken, Meatballs.
So now you know what I did this weekend, feel refreshed today which is a nice change of pace from being worn out from a weekend of playing catch up. Enjoy your day!!!
Stupid pictures, all are sideways, probably going to have to get a photobucket account to post pictures...
Peace out, JT