Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Memorial Day cook - Egg got a workout

robnybbq
robnybbq Posts: 1,911
This thread will not deliver that much as I did not take pics - Too busy in the moment cooking and enjoying company.

Cooked
Twice baked potatos - cooked 1 hour then removed to make the potato mixture then back on for ~ 20 minutes
Corn on the cob in the husks (Amazing) - ~ 20 minutes - used butter spray, salt/pepper and some tried some arizona dreaming (cajun spice from Penzies) on some
Filet mignons - raised direct at 400 for ~ 8 min a side then onto the spider down low (Note to self - break out the LONG tongs next time)
Finished it off with a chocolate chip cookie pie on the cast iron pan (REPEATING SOON) topped with vanilla ice cream and peanut butter syrup.

Egg came through with shining Green colors again.  This makes me look like I have a clue on how to cook.

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    Wow. I gotta say that is impressive. I would love to see pics/ directions on the chocolate chip cookie pie. Sounds amazing.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    @robnybbq - do you soak the corn in water at all before cooking it in the husks?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I did not soak them at all.  When peaking on them I think they were steaming themselves in the husk. 

Eggcelsiorposted this on antoher thread -

Do a cookie cake in a cast iron skillet. The Martha Stewart recipe is awesome and has been replicated on blogs as ad infinitum. I made it and it is fantastic.

Garnerville, NY
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That sounds great Rob!  Gotta love having an entire meal cooked on the egg...all the way through dessert. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.