Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

From fail to victory

Well the wild hog shoulder was a huge fail. Been wanting to do a meat loaf for the first time and had some ground sirloin and ground turkey in the freezer.

50/50 beef/turkey with some onions and red pepper. Seasoned with worchorstshire salt pepper garlic and DP Raging River. Put a mixture of Sweet Baby Rays and ketchup on top and smoke with mesquite for somewhere around an hour at 375 until 165 IT.

First meatloaf I've ever made and the first one I haven't had to use ketchup on. SWMBO loved it and it turned an otherwise mediocre Memorial Day into a pretty decent one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE - Custom Table - CGW Swing Grate - Fastest Thermapen you can't see because it's camo- Been e-gging ever since 2013! - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
·

Comments

• tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 240
    I put some zucchini on the top rack and they turned out terrible. They don't like smoke...
    image.jpg 1.8M
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE - Custom Table - CGW Swing Grate - Fastest Thermapen you can't see because it's camo- Been e-gging ever since 2013! - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 628
    Great save! It's not how many times you fall down, it's how many times you stand back up and start drinking again....or something like that.
    ·