Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Less Lurking

LDRLDR Posts: 265
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum

We're trying to eat out less, and part of the effort includes picking up some variety.  The lobster tails were a nice change, and the toasted ravioli were good too.  We took a trip to St. Louis last year and hit an italian restaurant, where we became addicted to them. Unfortunately, it's hard to find them on a menu around here.

On a side note, I guess I've got to get one of those rain hats for the egg.  It started raining right after I got the meat onto the grill.  Also - I'm sure I looked like a dork out there in the rain, with my yellow poncho.

·

Comments

• cookinfuncookinfun Posts: 129
    If you mean the stainless steel Eggware vent caps, i have two and they work great, do't let rain in cause the vents are on the side.  BTW, i ditched my yellow for khaki, more presentable...
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
    ·
  • Firemedic183Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    Looks delicious!! Great job.
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    LDR..Do I know you? Nice cook regardless!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • LDRLDR Posts: 265
    LDR..Do I know you? Nice cook regardless!

Thanks - If we've met, it would have been at Plano last year.  I couldn't find a good deal around here on the egg, so used it as an excuse to hit the eggfest in Plano.  I live in Bryant, Arkansas.

https://www.facebook.com/loydon.rogers?ref=tn_tnmn

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    There was a guy from Ottawa on the old forum with the same handle. He and his wife did a lot of work to help me at a fest several years ago.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Nope, I'm an Arkie, but I guess that explains why my initials weren't available on the other forum.
    ·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373
    Great looking meal! I live in Bryant as well. Congo wouldn't sell you an egg reasonable?
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·
    They wouldn't get within 200 of the Eggfest demo price. And I'm always ready for an excuse to head to Dallas. I generally like Congo, but I think different salesmen have differing amounts of leeway. I don't think there's a better dealer around Little Rock. I don't know about the ones in Conway.
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,658
    There was a guy from Ottawa on the old forum with the same handle. He and his wife did a lot of work to help me at a fest several years ago.
    you must be thinking MCR (Marc)?

canuckland
    ·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373
    I agree. I bought one from them and one from another dealer. Looking back, I think the salesmen was the problem. He told me what is listed is the price.... so I kept shopping.
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·