Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

High-q grate safety question

Did ribs yesterday and still had a lot of lump left after a 5 hour cook. Stirred everything around and added some new lump before doing salmon tonite. Enough lump falls through the bigger spaces in the High Q that that I got a pretty good glow going underneath the grate?. Whatya think - is that safe or a problem in the making?
image.jpg
1536 x 2056 - 899K
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 3,944
    I have a glow regardless of my factory grate or my high que.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 619
    Thank you Chubbs.
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    i get that on my XL when i do pizza hasn't been a issue 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • cookinfuncookinfun Posts: 129
    Yeah, I have 2 Hi-ques, and they do let larger lump pieces thru.  And I have been concerned that the amount of embers below mite be a problem.  Being that the eggs are on my deck, 20' above ground, I put them on concrete pavers.  Just wish that the  Hique grates "set" or nested in the egg better, they tend to roll or tip over when I am cleaning.  Maybe if I grind a flat on the OD, might help.

Hafta say, haven't had a problem with the embers, tho.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 3,780
    Running a large here and no problems

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·