Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chick Pea (Garbonza Bean) flour crust pizza, first go.

Options
I can't eat wheat these days so I tried a chick pea flour crust. I my round cast iron griddle. Cooked crust @500 for 10 mins. Then put the topping on. About another 10 mins for the cheese to melt and bubble. Made my own sauce. Tasted great, haven't had pizza in many months. My wife likes a sausage crust better. The next time I will try almond flour again.

Crust was 2 cups of chick pea flour, pinch of salt, yeast and about 2/3 cup of water. Grinding the chick peas into flour sounded like I had ball bearings in my food processor.
1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited May 2013
    Options
    That sucks, the no gluten thing I mean. I went through a bit of it with my daughter. There is a lot of stuff out there that isn't that bad though.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Wheat makes my blood sugars go through the roof. Chick peas are not low carb, at least I can tolerate them a bit better. The slice I had tasted great.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    If you liked the chickpea flour, head to your local Indo-Pak grocery store and look for it. Might be labeled as "Besan" pronounced as bay-sun. A number of things can be made with it. Your food pro might thank you later :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.