Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brisket Question

danv23danv23 Posts: 387
My Brisket (which got done at 10am EST) has just been taken out of the cooler (FTC) still in the foil (used lots) which was still hot to the touch. I put it in the oven at 170.

My question is, what time do i take it out of the oven if I want to slice it at 6:30?  Do I take the foil off at some point before slicing?  PLease help, and be descriptive as possible! Thanks!!!!!!

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA

Comments

• pkaboo1pkaboo1 Posts: 104

What temp dome,what temp grid,how big was the brisket?

Done at 10amEST,to be served at 6:30pmEST?

Long, long time to FTC.

Snellville,Ga.
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 387
    i agree. Gotta work with what I got. Should i let it rest sitting in the foil in the juices (i hope) with the foil torn open for like 30 min before slicing?

I cooked on my XL, it was 18lbs, guru attached to the dome probe, 250 deg. started at 5pm, figured an hor to an hour 15 per pound. And yes, its calibrated.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 4,752
    edited May 2013
    I would unwrap the food gift at around 6:20 PM (EDT) based on a temp fo 170*F.  Just be ready to consume once you slice against the grain.  FWIW-YMMV
    Louisville
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 387
    10-4.. if it fails i'll sauce it up. used can-o-beef broth in the foil which i preheated. Seemed good and wet when it went in the foil. i am currently praying to the beast gods.

Cumming, GA