Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE temp not effected by vents?

LarrymacLarrymac Posts: 93
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
So I vacuumed and cleaned my BGE.
Put in new nice size pieces of hardwood lump((Royal Oak).
Maverick grill temp is 250+/-10. For several hours.Take out ribs put in aluminum foil-- back in BGE and close. Maybe took a minute.
Now temp is 340 and even with Exhaust closed and bottom vent closed it barely budges. Having to take ribs out now before they overcook. Why is this happening?
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,100
    edited May 2013
    I would check the calibration of your thermos-"stuff" doesn't just happen-air-flow controlled fire burns very constant and predictable.  Once the BGE ceramics get hot then it will take quite a while to cool.  FWIW-
    Louisville
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,044
    Did your top metal cap (I never can remember what its called) swing open when you opened the Egg?  It took me a couple cooks to figure that one out

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·