Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Building and cooking

Options
Jebpot
Jebpot Posts: 374
Been cooking and working on the face for table. Got some pig shot started and ready to fill in toppings and finish cooking this afternoon. Started 2 pork butts last night cooking as we speak. Also cooking later today chicken peg legs and smoked baked potatoes. And is the start of a beautiful day. Hope everybody has a great and safe one!!!!

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

Comments

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Nice, I like the Kreg jig joints on the drawer. What kind of wood are you using for the top?
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Jebpot
    Options

I have granite for top and under egg..I have been using Kreg everywhere I can. Love Kreg tools. Using Oak everywhere except the frame.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Looks like you're cooking the bacon part way before wrapping it around the sausage disc? Interesting, I'd think that should cut down on the total cook time as it'd allow the bacon to crisp up faster. How long did you cook that bacon?

Your table looks to be coming along nicely!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Jebpot
    Options

Did not time it was trying to cook about half way. Flexible enough to wrap than finish cooking later. Thanks on table, it is time comsuming. But something to do.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Where was the landscape taken(the last one)?  Nice view.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Jebpot
    Options
    Off of my patio in Chattanooga tn. It was a great morning. Looking east.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN