Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need Help. Brisket is Done Now and Don't Need it Until 6pm

danv23danv23 Posts: 489
Never had this happen, but she's done wayyyyyy early. Any suggestions??? Please help!!!!

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    FTC. Foil, towels and a cooler. It will probably be too cool by 6pm but you can hear it up in the oven. Whatever you do, don't slice until ready to eat.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 489
    Is there any harm leaving it on the egg, wrapped, at about 200 degrees?  Or is that stupid?

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA
    ·
    edited May 2013
    Bad idea. It will dry out. Right after it falls apart.
    ·
  • yellowdogbbqyellowdogbbq Posts: 361
    Same thing happened to me, brisket is done and pulled at 8 this morning.  Would it be best to FTC for a couple hours then put it in the fridge and reheat latter?  My party is 9 hours from now.
    ·
    Yellow, I'm sure that would be fine.
    ·
  • HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    I put one in a marinading bad with some beef broth and thyme, expelled all the air and wrapped in tons of foil and a couple of towels and into a small cooler. That was 12 midday and was delicious at 7pm.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

·
  • HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Duh - "bag" that is.......

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,795
    Have it for breakfast and serve something else tonight...
    ·
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 489
    she's in the cooler out in the sun. thanks for the help!!!

Cumming, GA
    ·