Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New stuff with the egg

njlnjl Posts: 790
I've been wanting to try beef back ribs, and they were on sale...so I've got 4.8lbs of beef back ribs in the egg.  My usual way to light is a paper towel with some corn oil...but I made bacon this morning, and the plate with the paper towel where it went when it was done was still out on the stove top, and it occurred to me "there's a paper towel, already saturated with oil [bacon fat], why waste the waste corn oil?"  Not surprisingly, it worked.  And rounding out the new things...this is my first cook on Cowboy lump.  It's actually a mix of cowboy and Publix that was left over from the last cook.  It passed the "can I light it with one oil saturated paper towel?" test.
·

Comments

• njlnjl Posts: 790
    Just a bit of recession :)  It'll be interesting to see how far 4.8lbs goes.  Where's the beef?

·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,518
    Those look awesome. I love beef ribs.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 790
    They were pretty good.  We have 2 bone's worth leftover for someone tomorrow.  I knew when I picked them up, there wasn't a whole lot of meat on them.  I think they'd be awesome if they were meatier.  These were done turbo, 1:15-1:15-0:10 at about 330F.

Not bad though for $9.50 of beef.  3 adult sized portions.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,888
    Beef ribs have been on the list for a while now. My man nights have kinda faded out so it might still be a while!

Those look great!!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·