Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

New stuff with the egg

njlnjl Posts: 827
I've been wanting to try beef back ribs, and they were on I've got 4.8lbs of beef back ribs in the egg.  My usual way to light is a paper towel with some corn oil...but I made bacon this morning, and the plate with the paper towel where it went when it was done was still out on the stove top, and it occurred to me "there's a paper towel, already saturated with oil [bacon fat], why waste the waste corn oil?"  Not surprisingly, it worked.  And rounding out the new things...this is my first cook on Cowboy lump.  It's actually a mix of cowboy and Publix that was left over from the last cook.  It passed the "can I light it with one oil saturated paper towel?" test.

• njlnjl Posts: 827
    Just a bit of recession :)  It'll be interesting to see how far 4.8lbs goes.  Where's the beef?

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,649
    Those look awesome. I love beef ribs.
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • njlnjl Posts: 827
    They were pretty good.  We have 2 bone's worth leftover for someone tomorrow.  I knew when I picked them up, there wasn't a whole lot of meat on them.  I think they'd be awesome if they were meatier.  These were done turbo, 1:15-1:15-0:10 at about 330F.

Not bad though for $9.50 of beef.  3 adult sized portions.
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,381
    Beef ribs have been on the list for a while now. My man nights have kinda faded out so it might still be a while!

Those look great!!