Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New stuff with the egg

njlnjl Posts: 749
I've been wanting to try beef back ribs, and they were on sale...so I've got 4.8lbs of beef back ribs in the egg.  My usual way to light is a paper towel with some corn oil...but I made bacon this morning, and the plate with the paper towel where it went when it was done was still out on the stove top, and it occurred to me "there's a paper towel, already saturated with oil [bacon fat], why waste the waste corn oil?"  Not surprisingly, it worked.  And rounding out the new things...this is my first cook on Cowboy lump.  It's actually a mix of cowboy and Publix that was left over from the last cook.  It passed the "can I light it with one oil saturated paper towel?" test.

Comments