Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Short ribs.

IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
I bought these short ribs from my butcher along with a butt and small chicken for a low/slow Monday. They are huge and 3 bones short ribs. I was planning on 6 hours or so low/slow. Does this seems reasonable. I assume cook til bendable like pork ribs.
image.jpg 2.4M
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,276
    Yeah, perfect! If you have a good boning knife or paring knife, slide it in on the less meaty end up along all the sides of the bone. All the good sh!t slides up the bone and you get a magnificent beef lollipop

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,322
    Never done these myself but interested in your results- most of the short ribs I've had have been some type of Asian marinade and they are always awesome
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
    And they don't look all that short. Think they might be (prime) rib bones

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    LS - you don't think just put the while thing on and let cook makes sense?
    ·
    Paddy, You can do whatever you want. I'm incensed! Why the hell did you ask for advice if you don't wan't to take it? I'm outa here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Paddy, You can do whatever you want. I'm incensed! Why the hell did you ask for advice if you don't wan't to take it? I'm outa here

Sugar tits (quoting Mel Gibson) - I craved your >20K advice.
    ·
    Do we get to kill to kill the English?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,993

=))

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·

Do we get to kill to kill the English?

He's my friend Irish. But yes, if you join me you can kill the English.
    ·
    Excellent, (little) Stephen is my name.
    ·
    My name is actually Stephan. My mom is gone but I'm still pissed at her for that. BTW I was talking to the Lord and he says you're Fu@&ed

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    The Lord says he can get me out of his one, but he's pretty sure you're f$;()).
    ·
    I'm gonna tell your Irish ass one more time cause you didn't get it the first hundred. Slice the ribs down the middle of the meaty part and loosen up the cartilage on the south end. Freedom!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

I'm gonna tell your Irish ass one more time cause you didn't get it the first hundred. Slice the ribs down the middle of the meaty part and loosen up the cartilage on the south end. Freedom!

I think I would like to second guess this. You sure?
    ·
    Do yo even have an Egg?
    ·
    No, not at all. I have never actually made beef ribs but I hear that is a pretty good method. Jerkwater!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,030
    LS, your mom spelled it wrong. It should be Stefon. Right Cen-Tex?
    ·
    OK, I just emailed Guy Zfieri and. 40 other bleach blond dudes, and if grey don't get back to me I may follow your advice. Live you honey.
    ·
    Sugar tits.
    ·
    edited May 2013
    You sorry Fenian bastid! Just trying to help here but you are gonna take Chef Guy's help over mine. Not a problem in any little way. I'm cool. Why don't you get a Dr. BBQ book and see what he has to say?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,794
    This used to be a much more friendlier place. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,538
    You guys are too funny and Irishdevil i'm the only one round here without an egg!!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·

You sorry Fenian bastid! Just trying to help here but you Chef Guy's help over mine. Not a problem in any little way. I'm cool. Why don't you get a Dr. BBQ book and see what he has to say?

My last post was a spell check disaster. Where can I get this Dr BBQ book you reference? Do excited. Does he discuss smoking hunks of baloney like some other websites I know?
    ·
    So excited.
    ·
    He is amazing! I'm sure he has done beef ribs. Look for a truck with his name on it and a Weber grill.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    I have heard about this Weber. Hear it cooks a mighty burger. Might have to dive in. Does it make a mean smoked baloney stick?
    ·
    And is Dr BBQ Fieri's dad? Fieri his love child from a pit master episode? Look identical? Just checking.
    ·
    OK can we cut this juvenile banter. We both know there is something between us. Ravage me beotch

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

OK can we cut this juvenile banter. We both know there is something between us. Ravage me beotch

You get funnier everyday.
    ·