Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Has GFS (Gordon Food Services) Change Thier Lump Supplier

Options
Not too long ago here in Orlando, GFS has opened a store. I have been buying lump on a regular basis and was under the impression it was made by Royal Oak. Recently, on last two buys the color scheme of the packaging was changed and the lump inside is definitely smaller pieces. It seems to be the same quality but I am wondering if it is made my Royal Oak and longer.

Anyone have info on this?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,386
    Options
    I used GFS for a few lump buys a couple of years ago then went "adrift".  Coincidentally went back 5/24 for another shot and gotta admit I am burning it today (5/25) and it behaves as good or better than Royal Oak. So why did I leave,"found a closer supplier of the generic branded RO" but recently their quality went gone south.  I would give the GFS lump a shot-good for everyday cooks!  YMMV-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.