Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Oops, I did it again! I grilled a romaine! (with a side of honey dijon glazed pork tenderloin)

paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,656
Grilled romaine is amazingly good!  This time we used a classic ceasar dressing with bacon and freshly grated parmesan.  The pork tenderloin was glazed with a mixture of honey, dijon mustard and brown sugar.

Comments

• frankc623frankc623 Posts: 163
    Looks good. I tried grilling romaine once and it was lousy. How long do you cook it?
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
    ·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,656
    edited May 2013
    frankc623 said:
    Looks good. I tried grilling romaine once and it was lousy. How long do you cook it?
    Aproximately 1 minute per side (maybe less) @ 400F

Cut the romaine in half, drizle with olive oil and sprinkle some coarse salt then grill.

Looks amazingly good! I must try this. Can you describe what the flavor and texture of the grilled romaine?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,656
    caliking said:
    Looks amazingly good! I must try this. Can you describe what the flavor and texture of the grilled romaine?
    Slightly sweet, smoky and still crispy.  The sugars in the romaine will caramelize and remove some of the bitterness.