Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Mini Mod #2: The "+"

calikingcaliking Posts: 5,011
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
If this could work for The Artist Formerly Known As Prince:
Logo. Hollow circle above downward arrow crossed with a curlicued horn-shaped symbol and then a short bar

Then "+" should work out just fine for my mini mod #2.

It basically works like the mini woo ring, but the finishing has that "made in my garage" chic to it. Took a 1.5" aluminum flat bar (1/8" thick, $8.34 + tax at Lowes) and put my superior bending skills to work.

Bought the 8.5" pizza stones ( 2 for $30) from Amazon.

So now I have a raised indirect setup for about $22 ($7 in aluminum + $15 for the stone).

I'm quite pleased with myself. :) planning on cooking breakfast on it tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone is off to a great start for the Memorial Day weekend. I'm working on Monday, so have to squeeze in the egging tomorrow and Sun. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments