Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bison Burgers

FuzzyKFuzzyK Posts: 31
Want to try something different this Memorial Day...and save yourself some calories?  Try subbing bison meat for ground chuck.  My recipe calls for 3 simple ingredients and is more juicy and flavorful than most beef.  Enjoy!

·

Comments

• yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    That's what I'm talking about...I love bison burgers.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • Good stuff.  Love the bison.  Better tasting and healthier than even the beef I get straight off the cow.  I've even had bison brats and they were incredible.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • FuzzyKFuzzyK Posts: 31
    @yzzi - Glad to meet another fan of bison!  If it weren't for price, it'd be REALLY hard to justify ever eating regular beef!

@SWVABeanCounter - Where did you find bison brats!?  I need to try those immediately... if not, sooner...
    ·
  • My brother lives in Colorado and brings them with him when we do our annual race/drink weekend.  I'll ask him for the actual name next time I speak to him.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    Love it - we use ground bison in any item that would normally use ground beef.
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • FuzzyKFuzzyK Posts: 31
    That would be greatly appreciated, SWVABeanCounter!

Thanks, boatbum!  Consider me converted!
    ·