Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hats off to Farmers

GQuizGQuiz Posts: 685
I'm at the insurance village in Moore, Oklahoma. Farmers Insurance brings in competition barbecue teams to feed those affected by the storms. They did this in Joplin and have done it at every major catastrophe since. The meat is donated as is the cooking operation. The non profit is underwritten by Farmers. They are a competitor. But in a trying time like this, I must tip my cap. Thank you for the grand gesture Farmers. The pulled pork was awesome and the smell of mesquite reassuring.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
image.jpg 1.7M

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,550
    Farmers like "We are Farmers, bum budum bum bum bum bum"?

Awesome! Good Guy Insurance Co. doing the right thing!
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,196
    They need all the help and comfort they can get. Hats off indeed. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

Local BBQ joint took their catering trailer up Wed.   The Chamber sent out an email blast on Tuesday afternoon for people to fill their 30 foot catering trailer with support items ( bottled water, paper towels, gloves, etc).

I went by right before they left to drop off some cases of water, amazing what was collected from the community in 12 hours.

Cookin in Texas
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,086
    That is really cool...but Farmers is just one of many sponsers:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.