Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Graduation party

Cyclops42Cyclops42 Posts: 44
edited May 2013 in Forum List
Good evening lady's and gents. I have been asked to do some grilling for a friends daughters highschool graduation party. They are wanting a pork butt, some ribs , and a ton of wings. (They bought me 17 lbs of wings). I want a to do a variety - HOT - BBQ - and something sweet and mild. I got the first 2 handled but can't really think of anything sweet and mild. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Atlanta, Ga. LBGE and soon to have Small

Wants: Thermapen, Adjustable Rig, Digi Q and more time...

·

Comments

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,315
    Teriyaki ginger?
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,315
    Or a honey something...
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • jlawjlaw Posts: 6
    Franks red hot sweet chilli marinade
    ·
  • jetmechjetmech Posts: 75
    Mild use Bad Byron's Butt Rub or Cluck, sweet try Cluck and Squeal poultry
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,258
    Necessary Indulgences did some that were sweet that looked really good. Not sure if they had heat in them but you could just omit that.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,552
    Must be a good friend. That's a lot of prep and cooking...and stress.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,014
    Honey BBQ is another option (but you already said BBQ)

These are good:

I don't find them spicy, but others do.  May want to down on the sriracha.  Teriyaki is a good call.  You could always add a little honey to some store-bought 'yaki sauce to go a little sweeter. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 721
    Necessary Indulgences did some that were sweet that looked really good. Not sure if they had heat in them but you could just omit that.
    +1 Loved this recipe. I replaced the hot chili paste with all kinds of things and it's awesome! I would definitely recommend it for chicken wings.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,258
    edited May 2013
    I wish there was a cookbook here. I looked through a bunch of Kristi's posts to try and find it for the guy

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,014
    edited May 2013
    Not being a smart @$$...but this is a good tool to show how to use googles "site" feature.

The trick to using this is you can't have a space between site: and the site you want to search.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·