Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Two firsts for me.

1. I made mini pizzas on the mini. They were delicious.
2. I'm making cold smoked beef jersey with cherry wood. The wet sauce I used was a mix of raising the steaks, worstichire sauce and honey. I got the egg and guru holding at 175. I'll keep it posted as things change/go. So far I only have a pic of the weight of the jerkey.
·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,057
    Sounds good. Details about the mini pizzas?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,752
    Just a homemade crust, bbq with chicken. It was really good. They were thin crust and they were just crisp enough to have a nice crunch sound
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 697
    1. I made mini pizzas on the mini. They were delicious. 2. I'm making cold smoked beef jersey with cherry wood. The wet sauce I used was a mix of raising the steaks, worstichire sauce and honey. I got the egg and guru holding at 175. I'll keep it posted as things change/go. So far I only have a pic of the weight of the jerkey.

I am interested in the beef jersey?  I made a bacon dress for my wife but she will not wear it...
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
    ·
    Lol..yeah...autocorrect
    ·
    Just pulled the jerkey. Cooked for 7 hours at 175....taste is good...but based on it...it was probably done cooking a few hours ago....tossing and ill try again another time
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,603
    I made a big batch of jerky and posted it last week. Just used salt and pepper. It turned out great. What cut did you use? I used cube steak pounded out very flat.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
    It wasn't the cut..it was how long and thin I cut it. I used ribeye
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,704
    Cheap round is best for jerky. Rib eye and the fat content would not be that good or last very long. Fat gets rancid imo
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,958
    Cool. I need to work on pizzas on the mini. Still can't seem to get them right. Time, temp, setup?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    SkinnyV said:
    Cheap round is best for jerky. Rib eye and the fat content would not be that good or last very long. Fat gets rancid imo
    Suprisingly the fat wasnt to much, i was able to strip away most of it.  Ill try round next time.  It was really good! it was just over cooked.
    ·
    Griffin said:
    Cool. I need to work on pizzas on the mini. Still can't seem to get them right. Time, temp, setup?

Setup:
    Mini woo with pizza stone on top of the grid. 

Temp:

Time:
    About 7-9 minutes.  i was cooking it when i was also prepping the LG for the beef jerkey, so im kindof guessing on the time.

The finished product had a crunchy crust that didnt bend when picked up, but it was soft and moist.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,958
    Just the one stone, or both?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    Just the one stone...directly over the flame
    ·