Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Amberjack sandwich

yzziyzzi Posts: 1,355
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I caught my first amerjacks. First one was a 30 pounder that I kept, and I lost count after that. Made some blackened sandwiches on the egg. Seared in a skillet at 600 for a couple minutes on each side. It was the best fish sandwich I've had, and I've had many living in Florida. I only shot a quick semi blurred image with my phone so sorry that I didn't get more of the actual sandwich or any better quality ones. I'm not very dedicated to taking food pictures yet, sorry.

Also made steak fajitas for the wife but they didn't make the cut. They were fantastic too. She put some kind of rub on a flank steak and it was very flavorful. Hope she remembered what she did.
IMAG1574.jpg
1840 x 3264 - 2M
IMG_1779.jpg
1529 x 2048 - 309K
Dunedin, FL

Comments