Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Amberjack sandwich

yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I caught my first amerjacks. First one was a 30 pounder that I kept, and I lost count after that. Made some blackened sandwiches on the egg. Seared in a skillet at 600 for a couple minutes on each side. It was the best fish sandwich I've had, and I've had many living in Florida. I only shot a quick semi blurred image with my phone so sorry that I didn't get more of the actual sandwich or any better quality ones. I'm not very dedicated to taking food pictures yet, sorry.

Also made steak fajitas for the wife but they didn't make the cut. They were fantastic too. She put some kind of rub on a flank steak and it was very flavorful. Hope she remembered what she did.
Dunedin, FL
·

Comments

• SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 402

"I lost count after that."   Talk about a good day fishing.  Congrats on the haul!  Whereabouts are you located? 

Even if it's blurry, that blackened fillet looks great!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • JamieoroJamieoro Posts: 180
    Looks incredible! Nice catch!
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,803
    That is awesome! Can't get seafood fresher than that.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    That blackened fish looks perfect, congrats on that fish, they are true fighters!
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    SaltySam said:

"I lost count after that."   Talk about a good day fishing.  Congrats on the haul!  Whereabouts are you located? 

Even if it's blurry, that blackened fillet looks great!

Near the Clearwater FL area.

Making more sandwiches tonight!
    Dunedin, FL
    ·