Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Belated Birthday Cook

calikingcaliking Posts: 5,363
It was my birthday on the 14th, my sister's is on the 21st. She visited this weekend so that we could celebrate together. My cousin happened to come visit this weekend as well. What to do? Why cook and have a party of course!

Fired up the eggs on a beautiful Saturday morning in Houston.

Menu for the day: clobble balls for the appetizer,which are kinda like moinks but use frozen chicken teriyaki meatballs from Costco, wrapped in turkey bacon. Dusted with Plowboys Yardbird, a touch of Oakridge BBQ Habanero Death Dust, a wee bit of gruyere, and Blues Hog Honey Mustard sauce.

The large was setup for 2 humongous racks of spares (7.5# each) the lid almost didn't close. Setup indirect, 325°Fish on the dome, about 3hours. Rubbed with Smokin Guns Hot onthe bone side, and SM Sweet & Spicy with Peppered Cow on the meat side. Untrimmed, membrane on. 

Also did a spatchcock chicken rubbed with plowboys The Jerk (SWMBO's fav rub I think). The CI skillet has the chicken gizzard, heart, liver etc rubbed with SM Cherry and some Habanero Death Dust.

Lunch was a nice simple salad with romaine hearts tomatoes and a white balsamic vinaigrette that SWMBO whipped up, wild rice, chicken, and ribs. SWMBO also made a spectacular chocolate stout cake with dark chocolate glaze that was to die for. The weather was finally warm enough that we could jump in the pool. I don't know how to adequately convey what a great day it was - family, food, bbq, adult beverages (Belgian brews for me), and great tunes out by the pool. I guess more pictures would have helped, but I sort of forgot to take more. 

Anyways, it was a great birthday celebration and we ate well. Hope everyone else had a great weekend too!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments