Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wire brush

henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574
Just a FYI. I saw a news segment the other day where a teenager had swallowed a piece off of a wire brush. I've been using a sherwin williams brush. Better built and cheaper. I don't really get down and scrub it.... Just lightly clean the top. I'm switching to a 3m pad.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• SamMiller0SamMiller0 Posts: 38
    was the kid ok?
    Rochester, MN  --- Large BGE
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 3,103
    I'm staying away , a few weeks ago I cringed as I pulled a piece of brush from my pops gums.
    It was in some rib eye I had egged, I had to get the tweezers out. Not fun and lucky it was not worse.
    Seattle, WA
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 2,014
    I saw that on the news too. That is terrible,
    @ Skinny that is to close to home.
    I have heard some peeps use AF, wrapped in a ball and scrub with that. I will be changing over too. Not worth the risk.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,447
    Toss those wire brushes out.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574

was the kid ok?

y

Yeah but it really was bad. Stuck in his stomach. Lowe's sells a nylon tile scrubber with a handle... I'll be using that.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,808
    I recently just picked up some grill stones.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 1,035
    You should switch over to using a real welders wire brush.  a lot stiffer and the bristles don't fall out.  And if you are paranoid, you could run a large magnet over the grate before putting any food on it. I also spend a bit of time to make sure there are no chunks of the previous cook still on the grate.  Which is the only thing I could imagine hanging onto bristles that could get lodged in the meat...
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 2,014

cazzy said:
    What do they look like?
    Large, small, and a mini
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,808

cazzy said:

What do they look like?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 1,035