Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wire brush

henapplehenapple Posts: 14,572
Just a FYI. I saw a news segment the other day where a teenager had swallowed a piece off of a wire brush. I've been using a sherwin williams brush. Better built and cheaper. I don't really get down and scrub it.... Just lightly clean the top. I'm switching to a 3m pad.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• SamMiller0SamMiller0 Posts: 38
    was the kid ok?
    Rochester, MN  --- Large BGE
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,705
    I'm staying away , a few weeks ago I cringed as I pulled a piece of brush from my pops gums.
    It was in some rib eye I had egged, I had to get the tweezers out. Not fun and lucky it was not worse.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,770
    I saw that on the news too. That is terrible,
    @ Skinny that is to close to home.
    I have heard some peeps use AF, wrapped in a ball and scrub with that. I will be changing over too. Not worth the risk.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Toss those wire brushes out.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,572

was the kid ok?

y

Yeah but it really was bad. Stuck in his stomach. Lowe's sells a nylon tile scrubber with a handle... I'll be using that.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,241
    I recently just picked up some grill stones.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 660
    You should switch over to using a real welders wire brush.  a lot stiffer and the bristles don't fall out.  And if you are paranoid, you could run a large magnet over the grate before putting any food on it. I also spend a bit of time to make sure there are no chunks of the previous cook still on the grate.  Which is the only thing I could imagine hanging onto bristles that could get lodged in the meat...
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,770

cazzy said:
    What do they look like?
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,241

cazzy said:

What do they look like?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 660
    ·