Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Passing along a cheap and effective drip pan solution

I came across this useful drip/water pan at Menards so I thought I'd pass it along.  It's a pet water dish that fits perfectly between platesetter and grid for indirect cooks.  Much more durable then aluminum foil pans and cheaper. 

Bergan Galvanized Pet Dish

Model Number: 11897 | Menards® SKU: 2530818
Variation: Silver    $3.99
Dimensions: 3 QuartShip Dim: 11.0 x 11.0 x 2.0

http://www.menards.com/main/pet-supplies/bowls-storage/pet-food-storage/bergan-galvanized-pet-dish/p-1463831-c-8335.htm

·

Comments

• DIXIEDOGDIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    edited May 2013
    I like the throwaways myself....get them at Sam's for under $10 a 30 pack....once the cook is done I toss it out.     They fit in my medium plate setter very well

I just used this one with the butt I did overnight and pulled this morning.....I generally only use one on cooks I know are going to be really messy to avoid flare ups....surprisingly this butt wasn't too bad on the grease drips

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Here's another method -- just a couple of feet of thin foil drapped across the platesetter, turn a ever so slight edge along the side.  It will catch and burn off the drippings the same as a pan. 
    Spatch in May 004.JPG
    2560 x 1920 - 2M
    Spatch in May 006.JPG
    2560 x 1920 - 2M
    ·
  • tennvoltennvol Posts: 15
    I'd steer clear of the galvanized around food and heat. But that's just me....
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 431
    Zinc, and Lead...NO BUENO!!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·