Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Passing along a cheap and effective drip pan solution

I came across this useful drip/water pan at Menards so I thought I'd pass it along.  It's a pet water dish that fits perfectly between platesetter and grid for indirect cooks.  Much more durable then aluminum foil pans and cheaper. 

Bergan Galvanized Pet Dish

Model Number: 11897 | Menards® SKU: 2530818
Variation: Silver    $3.99
Dimensions: 3 QuartShip Dim: 11.0 x 11.0 x 2.0

http://www.menards.com/main/pet-supplies/bowls-storage/pet-food-storage/bergan-galvanized-pet-dish/p-1463831-c-8335.htm

·

Comments

• DIXIEDOGDIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    edited May 2013
    I like the throwaways myself....get them at Sam's for under $10 a 30 pack....once the cook is done I toss it out.     They fit in my medium plate setter very well

I just used this one with the butt I did overnight and pulled this morning.....I generally only use one on cooks I know are going to be really messy to avoid flare ups....surprisingly this butt wasn't too bad on the grease drips

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Here's another method -- just a couple of feet of thin foil drapped across the platesetter, turn a ever so slight edge along the side.  It will catch and burn off the drippings the same as a pan. 
    ·
  • tennvoltennvol Posts: 15
    I'd steer clear of the galvanized around food and heat. But that's just me....
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    Zinc, and Lead...NO BUENO!!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·