Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Foiled Plate Setter? I might stop...

Greetings friends!

I just cooked another two-brisket run with my plate setter, and it's slowly turning black, despite my foiling and refoilings... 

I've seen pictures of "well seasoned" plate setters - do you guys think it burns the drippings or that there are any bad side effects to just letting the thing ride?

I go through a lot of heavy duty foil - if this is needless, then I'm on board..

8-Damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE-- Greensboro!

Comments

• ribmasterribmaster Posts: 209

save the foil.

I grill therefore I am.....not hungy.
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,393
    Mine goes camando. It gets dirty, then on a pizza or steak it gets clean

XLBGE 
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,895

Mine goes camando. It gets dirty, then on a pizza or steak it gets clean

Yep. Same here.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,856
    Did you win your contest?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I don't "Wrap" my platesetter, but i put a single piece of thin foil across the platesetter, then turn the sides up slightly.  The foil catches the drippings and they cook away.  At the end of the cook, i remove the grid, and with the tongs, i wad up the foil with grease and toss it!
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,517
    Hi54putty said:
    Did you win your contest?
    Runner up!  I posted in the original thread.  :)  Thanks!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE-- Greensboro!

• BotchBotch Posts: 4,492
    I don't "Wrap" my platesetter, but i put a single piece of thin foil across the platesetter, then turn the sides up slightly.  The foil catches the drippings and they cook away.  At the end of the cook, i remove the grid, and with the tongs, i wad up the foil with grease and toss it!
    This is what I usually do too.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • smokinsoonersmokinsooner Posts: 161

+2

Or I just do a nuclear burn with the PS inverted, legs down... it all burns off. 

BOOMER!