Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who? So Cal Eggfest 2013

_BR_
_BR_ Posts: 42
Going to my first Eggfest and getting my first BGE this weekend, already losing sleep lol. Just wanted to see who on this forum will be attending, if any of you will be cooking and maybe a glimpse into what's on the menu. I ordered my egg in February and have been chomping at the bit to get egging, especially after monitoring this forum and all of your great recipes and pic's. God bless the Eggheads!

Comments

• I was beginning to wonder if no one on the forum was going to this! I will be there for sure but will not be cooking. You are going to have a great time. Do you have the schedule? If not, then I can provide it for you.

I recommend getting there for the 9:30am BGE 101 class if you haven't cooked on the BGE before. I hope to win something from the raffles, they have great prizes.

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• _BR_
    _BR_ Posts: 42
    damnedhooligan:  Good to know there is an So Ca Egghead on the forum.  I will be there when the gate opens. I just reviewed the schedule on socaleggfest.com (finally updated).  Looking forward to it.
  • Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    I'll be there!  First one for me as well.  Looking forward to picking up my second egg!
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • Wylecyot said:
    I'll be there!  First one for me as well.  Looking forward to picking up my second egg!
    woohoo!!! what size do you have and which one are you getting for your second egg? I'm trying to convince the wife on a mini or small as my second egg.

• Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    I have a large and decided to go with a second large.  I was contemplating a smaller one (either a medium or small), but I guess there will only be large and XL's at this Eggfest.  The organizer tried to work something out for me, but it wasn't in the cards.  Oh well...I'm happy about the new addition either way! 
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • Wylecyot said:
    I have a large and decided to go with a second large.  I was contemplating a smaller one (either a medium or small), but I guess there will only be large and XL's at this Eggfest.  The organizer tried to work something out for me, but it wasn't in the cards.  Oh well...I'm happy about the new addition either way! 
    2 eggs are always better than one! Sounds like you are getting one of the demo eggs. They should be raffling out a medium, hope I win it :D This will be my second So Cal EggFest. BGEs and private airplanes are a unique mix at this event. 

• what did you guys think???

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Bought my XL there last year. Good venue and great people. Missing this year as I'm in London for work (then on to Berlin). 

Hope it went (goes?, what day is it???) well. 

Does anyone know if they sold all the larges? 

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI